Building & Zoning

Hanover Township remains under Butler County Zoning Resolution. All construction of permanent outbuildings, garages, pole barns, and home additions require building permits and must be within the Butler County zoning guidelines. Call the Butler County Building and Zoning Commission at 887-3205 for further information.

Hanover Township has experienced steady growth in housing units over the past several years, and we are on the verge of experiencing additional large-scale developments. Such sites are on Ross-Hanover Road and Nichols Road . These two developments will bring over 155 new homes and families to our township. With increased development comes added demand on our employees, equipment and public services

Residents interested in installing drain tiles along roadways, change old driveway tile, or build a new driveway access must apply for and receive a permit prior to work being performed. This permit allows the Butler County Engineer’s Office to assist you in the planning of the project and protects the existing roadway from any potential damage. Any questions can be directed to the Butler County Engineer’s office at 513-867-5744 or the Township Administrator, Bruce Henry at 513-896-9059.



Hosted by Graphic Design and Website Services